Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Easy Cheesy Garlic Toast

This is a dangerous recipe for me. I came up with this when I was dying for garlic bread one night and didn't want to spend the calories or the time to make it. I could eat way to many of these.

The calories come out to about 100 calories per toast, depending on the bread/cheese/butter you use.

This is what I used
Natures Own 50 calorie bread
Country Crock Margarine
Walmart Fiesta blend shredded cheese

1) Toast your bread in the toaster

2) Add 1/2 tsp of butter to each toast (Its actually a decent amount if you weigh the grams).

3) Top with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning AND 1-2 tbsp of shredded cheese.

4) Place in oven under the broiler for a few minutes until cheese is bubbly.

Enjoy. Its not the same as REAL garlic bread, but its easy, quick, tasty and not tooo shabby on the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP