Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fajita Burrito Bowl

I LOVE Chipotle burritos and bowls, but I don't live near one. This is as close as I could get, but either way, this is awesome tasting and under 600 calories. (Which is A LOT of food, you could probably half this, but I like having something that can give me that "oh geez...so full" feeling sometimes).

Fajita Burrito Bowl


(My actual meal is not as pretty since I usually just toss it in the bowl and mix haha)

Per Serving:
Calories: 576.........Carbs: 7.........Fiber: 14.........Fat: 19
.........Protein: 39.........Sugar: 18.........Sodium: 576

Weight Watchers Points: 8

Ingredients - Makes 4 servings
4 Cups Sliced Lettuce
4-5 Bell Peppers (assorted colors)
1 Large Onion
1 Avocado
16 oz Beef Chuck Tender Steak
2 dry cups Minute Rice (or Reg. Rice if that's your style)
1 1/3 cup Great Value - Fancy Shredded Cheese - Fiesta Blend
16 Tbsp Naturally Yours - Fat Free Sour Cream
8 Tbsp Salsa
2 tbsp lime juice
Cilantro

How to make the Rice - Adapted from here (use her recipe if using reg. rice)
Link: Ginas Skinny Recipes - Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice

I use Minute Rice...because I'm lazy and only want to wait 5 minutes for my rice.
- Follow the Directions on the box to make 4 servings of rice.
- When Rice is finished mix in lime juice and Cilantro

Green Peppers & Onions
- Slice Onion and Peppers
- Spray a large pan with non-stick spray. Pile in Onion and peppers, and cook on medium until onions are soft and translucent.

Steak
-Grill steak, or slice and cook in pan on stove. :)

Combine 1/4 of all ingredients into a bowl/plate, and Enjoy. Obviously you can use more or less of the toppings (sour cream/salsa etc). You can also pile all of this into a giant tortilla for that real Chipotle burrito feel, but expect to add about 300 calories!










2 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP